Saturday 24 December 2016

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Jpop Extraordinare


If you haven't heard about KYARY PAMYU PAMYU, the Japanese sensation, I recommend you take a listen to her blend of weird videos with light hearted catchy songs.  Most of the lyrics are in Japanese with a splash of sing-a-long English and the music clips are varied but always eccentric.

Kyary is well known for her 2011 single, "PonPonPon"; a viral video with tens of millions of views and has been dubbed "Harajuku Pop Princess".

She has provided me a new taste in Japanese Pop, a surprising avenue for my music interests which are usually center around metal music. There is something very enjoyable about JPOP (Japanese Popular Music) that I can't seem to find in Western Pop Culture.

In any case, join me in enjoying a new blend of talent, with a massively successful young woman that brings out my inner child and his cool dance moves.




Record Label - http://wmg.jp/


Compiled by David "Lovin' the Groovy Tunes" Innes

No comments:

Post a Comment